For the Love of Learning™
Camp Sizzle Berry
Summer 2020 at The Berry Patch
Session I: Tell Me a Story: June 2, 3, 4 & 9, 10, 11
Once upon a time . . . and more! Of course we will have exciting authors and great books to share each day with our Sizzle Berry campers, but this camp will go beyond simply reading stories, to introducing your child to the art of storytelling. Puppets, songs and play acting will make stories come alive and give your children the tools and skills to tell their own stories. Your little storytellers will also have a lot of fun writing and illustrating their very own books to take home. And they will all live happily ever after . . .
Session 2: Sizzlin’ Sports: June 16, 17, 18 & 23, 24, 25
Welcome to sports FUN…Camp Sizzle Berry style! This high energy class will introduce your little camper to the joys of sports by playing games, exercising and exploring sports history. Running relays, racing tricycles, and trying new gymnastic moves are just a few of the activities guaranteed to expend some of that little camper energy. In addition to sports fun are wonderful crafts, healthy snacks and great music. Someone might be ready for a nap after class! GO TEAM and Let the Games Begin!
Session 3: Marvelous Me: July 7, 8, 9 & 14, 15, 16
Marvelous Me is all about YOU! This is a child focused camp where your little camper is the “star”. My Body, My Feelings, My Family and Taking Care of ME are all topics we will explore in fun and creative ways. Can you paint with your elbows or toes? How much can you stretch and grow? We’ll also learn about simple hygiene, our five senses, the digestive system and healthy eating. We will spend time moving our bodies with some new games, activities and exercises. Why? Because YOU are marvelous!
Session 4: Little Time Travelers: July 21, 22, 23 (one week only)
History comes alive as we magically travel through time in this action- packed camp. We will visit Noah’s Ark, and learn about the Kings, Queens of old. Campers will experience early America and the Wild West. Then we will top off our history travels by stopping in today, 2018, and use our imaginations to travel into the future. We will keep your little campers engaged in learning with games, music, costumes and fun activities.
*Sessions 1, 2, 3 and 4 are open to fully potty-trained children ages 3, 4, and 5.*
JamBerries: July 28, 29, 30 (Kindergarten Readiness class for graduating Strawberries)
Back-to-school is just around the corner and Camp JAMBERRIES is ready! In response to parents’ requests we are excited to offer a fun, interactive, JAM-packed 3 days of learning to help transition your Pre-K student to Kindergarten. We will explore topics your child learned in Pre-K and take it to the next level to create confidence as they enter grade school. We will have parent education as part of this camp as well, so caregivers are encouraged to learn about this transition from the experts!
Complete the attached registration form and submit it to the Assistant Director at your location or the main office as follows:
- Current families may begin registering for summer camp immediately. Limited spaces available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- New families may begin registering February 15th.
- March 1 registration will open to the rest of the community. All children are welcome. Invite your cousins and neighbors to join your child at Camp Sizzleberry!
- All families will receive a confirmation letter with their child’s sessions.
- Do not submit camp payment with your registration form
- Sessions 1 and 2 will be invoiced to you via email on May 1 and are due by May 10.
- Sessions 3, 4, and JamBerries will be invoiced to you via email on June 1 (due June 10.)
Camp Hours & Lunch Bunch
- All camp sessions are 9am-12pm. Your child will receive a snack during the morning as part of their camp activities.
- Lunch Bunch can be added to any camp session (with the exception of Jamberries) to extend your child’s camp day to 1pm. Register for lunch at Camp Sizzleberry is preregistration only for the full session.
- Sessions 1, 2, & 3 (6-day sessions) are $225/session ($285/session with Lunch Bunch.)
- Session 4 (3-day session) is $115/session ($145 with Lunch Bunch.)
- Jamberries (3-day session) is $115 for the session (No Lunch Bunch option.)
- Summer camp schedules, outdoor activities, staffing and classrooms used require that children be fully potty-trained.
- We define potty-trained as children wearing underpants vs. pull-ups or diapers, able to communicate when they need to go potty, and able to go independently.
- If your child turns 3 over the summer months or is not yet potty-trained, please ask his or her teacher if she feels camp might be a good fit before registering.