Dear Berry Patch Families,
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year to all new and returning Berry Patch families. We are busy preparing for another fabulous year of love and learning.
Preparing for the school year is a great way to build excitement and relieve anxiety. Use these tips to get ready as a family for the beginning of the school year. A little preparation can go a long way to make the transition to school smooth for everyone.
- Take part in Classroom Visits to meet the teacher, explore the classroom, and meet new friends.
- Read The Berry Patch Parent Handbook for important information.
- Print a calendar for your child with school days highlighted in Berry Patch colors. Cross off the days to practice counting skills and prepare for school days.
- Choose appropriate school clothing. Learning can get messy, so plan accordingly.
- Send a backpack that can accommodate school projects, winter clothing, and other items.
- Download our tips to avoid separation anxiety: Separation Anxiety in Young Children.
- Take advantage of our Parent and Family Education Program at no additional cost for support, guidance, and encouragement in all aspects of parenting and family life.
- We highly recommend phasing out morning naps for Raspberries and Huckleberries so your child will be prepared for a full morning of learning.
May the transition to school be joyful and smooth for you and your child!
Becky Danielson, M.Ed.
Licensed Parent & Family Educator
The Berry Patch School