For the Love of Learning™
Please note that The Berry Patch requires all children registering after Sept. 1, 2017 be fully immunized.
We do have limited availability for the 2018-19 school year. Please contact Quay Mitchell, Assistant Director Program Administration, (Q.firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more about our program and availability for the current school year.
Details regarding registration for the 2019-20 school year will be available in December. Registration for new families will be held in late January. Parents interested in learning more for fall of 2019 are invited to join us for one of the following tours. Taking a tour provides you with a wonderful opportunity to see our facilities, meet some of our staff, visit a few classrooms, and ask questions. Please let us know if you plan to attend.
Calvary (Housed in Calvary Church, 5300 France Ave S. , Edina.)
Wednesday, November 7 – 9:30
Thursday, December 6 – 9:30
Colonial (Housed in Colonial Church of Edina, 6200 Colonial Way, Edina.)
Wednesday, November 28 – 9:30
Thursday, December 13 – 9:30
We would love to see you and answer any questions you have about our program!
2018 – 2019 Registration
Registration for the 2018 – 2019 school year at The Berry Patch continues with limited availability. We are dedicated to providing an enriched Christian learning environment for these early years, and would love to partner with you in providing a loving educational experience where your child is nurtured and stimulated to reach his or her full potential!
Our Morning Program runs from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and is a combination of free-choice and teacher-directed activities for our preschoolers. Your child will experience group play as well as individual learning. New skills will be introduced to your child that will encourage the growth of his or her emotional, intellectual, physical, and social development. Included in your monthly tuition are weekly Music classes and monthly Spanish classes. We will also offer several field trips throughout the school year for our 3, 4 and 5 year olds. These field trips correlate with the themes being studied, and transportation is provided by school buses. The Berry Patch is proud to have a licensed Parent and Family Educator on staff who provides training and support to our teachers and our families. She is available to you for one-on-one conversations as well as large group discussions at no additional charge. Outreach is another integral part of our preschool. As part of our mission to help your child learn to care for others, we have developed a monthly outreach program, C.S.O. (Children Serving Others). We are excited about working together as The Berry Patch family to help make a difference in the community.
Please remember that these age groupings are determined based on your child’s age AS OF SEPTEMBER 1st:
- In addition to our customary morning program options, we are very excited to offer a FULL DAY Pre-K class for our 4 and 5 year olds at the Calvary location for the 2018-19 school year. Strawberries may now choose from a full day (9:00 – 3:00) Monday through Thursday with Friday Morning (9:00 – 12:00) class option, a full day (9:00 – 3:00) Monday through Thursday class, or one of our traditional morning programs (9:00 – 12:00). Our academically enriched hands-on, play-based curriculum is designed to prepare your preschooler for a seamless transition into Kindergarten!
- The Preschool (Blueberry) Class is a perfect environment for three year olds who are eager to learn and bursting with excitement. This is a big year of learning the basics and our Blueberries experience activities centered around the alphabet, numbers, communicating feelings, expanding friendships and moving from parallel play to meaningful interaction with one another. You may choose a two or three day a week option.
- The Berry Patch Toddler (Huckleberry) Class provides your toddler (ages 24-35 months) with an opportunity to spend consistent time with other children his or her age in a loving, supervised environment. Children will explore new activities, discover new friendships and learn how to navigate routines and transitions successfully. We offer one, two and three day a week options for this age group.
- Young Toddler (Raspberry) Class (Calvary location) provides your toddler (ages 18 – 23 months) with a safe and loving first school experience. This morning program will provide quality activities in a structured environment that promotes a healthy foundation for the preschool years. For next fall, you may choose from one, two or three day a week options.
- French Fridays Classes return for the 4th year! This class option provides your child with the opportunity to experience a French Language Immersion program right here in his or her own preschool environment. All 3, 4 and 5 year olds are invited to participate in this exciting and developmentally appropriate language immersion option for your child which will be taught by French-speaking early childhood educators during regular morning program hours.
Lunch Bunch will be held from noon – 1:00 p.m. Mondays through Fridays at both locations. This is an option that gives your child an opportunity to bring his or her lunch to school and dine with friends. Lunch Bunch is a social time where table manners are taught in a loving way, appropriate conversation is encouraged and mealtime with friends is fun!
P.M. Playmates is an option for your 3 – 5 year old child and is available from 1 – 3 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays. This is a structured program with curriculum that includes creativity in the classroom, large muscle activities, free play and some additional time with friends. A quiet story time offers them a few minutes of rest and relaxation.
Afternoon Adventures will meet at both locations from 1 – 3 p.m. on the third Monday and Thursday of each month. This is a time for children to learn and grow in a variety of exciting classes in the arts and sciences. Each child will experience hands-on activities that will enrich their minds and enhance their creativity.
Partnerships are 8-week afternoon programs that allow your Blueberry or Strawberry the opportunity to dig deeper and experience an enrichment class in a specific area of study. Our partnerships are structured three hour classes that include one hour of Lunch Bunch (12-1), one hour of PM Playmates and one hour of the specified enrichment class (1:00 – 3:00). PRE-registration is required for all partnerships.
We believe the preschool years are the most important time in your child’s academic and social development, and we share your desire to provide the best start possible for him or her. We hope to see you and your family for the 2018-19 school year!